Lyrics
“Briggs & Tim Minchin – HouseFyre (Lockdown Video)”
(2020)

Da-dup, da-dup, ooh
Come little baby, shelter from the storm we goin’ viral,
and the fire is warm,
Keeping calm, carrying on,
Scotty’s latest presser is depressing
so we tuning in to this approved
message from the Senator.

Bet you are still tryna find me
Out of office message, Mahalo from Hawaii
Leaderships not really something I’m feelin’ kid
You maybe shoulda voted for the other guy behind me,
what’s the matter little Aussie battler ya tired?
No – everything I own is on fire
Well your Aussie spirits lifted and ya still kickin’ on
Everything’s burnin better turn the fkn cricket on
We deserve someone who’s a little bit better than and
ain’t no ones been this nice since settlement
You ain’t fit to push the whip ya back peddalin’
You ain’t fit to wear the kicks that I’m treadin’ in
I’m smooth, I’m real nice like
And it’s not like I miss this nightlife
It’s all good, yeah its alright
If I can’t start a house party, start a house fire.

Come little baby, shelter from the storm
We goin’ viral, and the fire is warm,
We good little citizens sittin’ in the bunker just
Watchin’ the boss fumble like my befuddled uncle does
We’re rockin’ the lock-in, self-interred
Watching videos of Jacinda Ardern
Shit, even the kiwis aren’t allowed outside
If I can’t start a house party start a house fire (epic bro).

Briggs for PM
Duck Peter Dutton if you see him
Deport this, fuck how you feeling
Pandemic got ’em reelin’ people need to see ya leadin’
Fuck it, footy’s on, do it after the weekend
If worst comes to worst the people come first
Yeah but I’m gonna need the purse for my mega church
You ain’t fit we don’t get near a penny worth
You ain’t fit the leadership its gettin’ plenty worse
Went to hit the store and everything had been bought
they quarantine us all so we’re sittin’ indoors
And if they gettin’ on board I’m pullin’ this rip cord
And ditchin’ this concord and splittin’ like Jean Claude
I’m smooth, I’m real nice like
And its not like I miss this night lifeIt’s all good, yeah its alight
If we can’t start a house party, start house fire
But you’re cool, yeah ya alright
But I can’t be fucked arguing all night
We’re all good, yeah we’re all smiles
If we can’t start a house party, start house fire.

Come little baby, shelter from the storm
We’re coughin’ up lungs and the kettle’s on
We already burnt the world outside
If we can’t start a house party, start house fire
Scotty from marketing standing there shuffling his papers
Wondering why Jesus hasn’t come to save us
Looking to Peter Dutton like, what’s the fucks happenin’?
At least the Ruby Princess had a fuckin’ captain.

Come little baby, shelter from the storm
Stay the fuck inside til the bugger’s gone
But we can still stir shit from the inside
If you can’t start a house party start a house fire.

MUSIC VIDEO “Briggs & Tim Minchin – HouseFyre (Lockdown Video)”